Saturday, June 17, 2006

Rebellious by Nature

It feels like I’ve been spending too much time trying to hide and trying to operate undercover, that the very thought of taking any sort of lead in public freaks me out. The slightest bit of attention thrown my way, cripples me, paralyses me and eventually kills me…….heheheheh

[I’m just messing] !

Confession – I’m missing Colombo as well as the fast paced life a lil too much that it’s beginning to mess a tad lil bit with my mental well being.

Disappointment – The movie “The Da Vinci Code” was a bore. If I hadn’t read the book, It would have been quite a mess to watch. A all time failure !

Lil Mercies – This lil town needs me (or so I’d like to think)…yeah…they need me and most of all they need God !

A Dash of Happiness - I gave a lift to a stranger for the first time yesterday to a mum and her two lil kids (me think they live way down my lane). I could have stored the car and done a lil hula dance after dropping them, but I pumped up the volume of the car stereo and got the glasses shattering with my croaks instead.

Enlightenment – Finished the course “Introducing Isaiah” with Pastor Mike Reith yesterday. It was an open Bible exam, but I think I conked it up big time, but while flipping through the book of Isaiah for answers, a lil passage spoke to me, and spoke to me Good.

--> If you keep the Sabbath’s holy, not having you own fun and business on that day, but enjoying the Sabbath and speaking of it with delight as the Lord’s holy day, and honouring the Lord in what you do, not following your own desires and pleasures, nor talking idly – then the Lord will be your delight, and I will see to it that you ride high, and get your full share of blessings I promised to Jacob, you father. The Lord has spoken ! (Isaiah 58 : 13 – 14)

Of course I knew this passage, but because of the resentment I had towards the Church loaded with man made rituals and rules, I guess I was happier going against the tide and taking the commandment lightly substituting it with a verse from the New Testament. Rebelliously clutching on to this verse from the New Testament I chose to go dancing on Sunday instead, just to prove a point to em holier than thou so-called Christians who keep only their Sabbath days holy.

--> So don’t let anyone criticize you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating Jewish holidays and feast or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. For these were only temporary rules that ended when Christ came. They were only Shadows of the real thing – of Christ himself. (Colossians 2 : 16-17)

The problem here wasn’t the fact that I was evading the Sabbaths (rightfully, Sabbath is the 7th day of the week, whish is Saturday of course), but the reason I was doing so. The real problem was my rebellious heart, my “no one rules me” attitude. It also made me realize the resentment I had towards the Church and that it was time to let go of all of it. It was time I stopped running away from Christian fellowship, it was time I stopped judging them by what they say and do (as oppose to what they believe) and realize “To Err is Human”.

5 comments:

Pasan said...

You know that first paragraph is so true. You were like a mouse scurrying through a maze earlier this week, I was more than a little irked by it all, as you already know since I eventually brought the subject up with you. It seems to me you're turning into a recluse, and I dunno if that is such a good thing, I mean you're becming more and more like me. If I didn't know any better, I would say that your new found faith in religion is causing you to detach yourself from reality. This is the trend I've noticed since october, just my opinion *shrug*. You know I'm always blunt and direct :) I worry about you lady, especially your increasing cynicism and self critique. Oh and good news, Nuwan had copied the da vinci code on to my portable hard disk at work and I didn't even know it till yesterday when I was going to take some music along with me. Oh and I also have X-Men 3 too. Man I miss piratebay :/ Anyway I'm deviating from the point. There's more of that self critique in that last paragraph. You're like a religious bulemic. You literally eat too much of it and vomit it out later. And I realise that analogy is not the best, but it's the most figurative. I'm out. Peace.

Gobblezygook said...

Loadza Luv Pasan (",)

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

If only more people took the time to help one person at a time :) Perhaps more people would end up happier in their lifetimes :)

Kaiser Kobayashi said...

heheh...what is this madness huh? picking up strangers, going for coffee with other freaks..you have issues ah :p hehehe (im just being mean becoz my comp is dead and im bored/pissed off/frustrated) oh well...take care and have a great day! miss you (a bit)
Cheers!!!

Pasan said...

Dimithri, i don't think you're really a freak, you just look like one. You can't blame God for screwing around with your DNA. Luck of the draw man.