Sunday, July 02, 2006

God Doesn’t Need My Help !

Arrrgh !!! I just can’t keep up with life anymore! Too many assignments, too many weddings and too many things to grasp. Life is subtly happening, but I’m just too tired to participate in all of em events [as oppose to a few weeks back, where life was more than dead and buried] !

Just coming out of a horrifyingly confusing phase regarding leavening everything and settling down in UK or settling down in here. Whatever I did, I had to make my decisions fast, since the new admission/semester begins in September. Was spot on about going till last Sunday, with sponsor letters, hunting for colleges, begging em registrars for a speedy response, documents, sign ups, recommendations [Yuck] ! I felt certain I had to leave, Even though I kept committing the whole situation to the Lord on a daily basis whilst seeking His direction, since something about me leaving didn’t feel right. It was confirmed through God last Sunday at the “Four Square Church” – Nugegoda, when someone prophesied about a promise God makes to revive a business belonging to a businesswoman.

My body was soaked with perspiration and everything was at wits end. My drive to church could have jolly well ended in a nasty crash coz I kept stepping on the accelerator a lil too much than I ought to a lil too often [anything more than 80 on a crappy car like Maruti is far beyond dangerous], but the prophesy brought about a sense of peace & fulfillment. It wasn’t the same insanely confused girl who was driving back home. I should have trusted God a lil bit more than trying to help him sort my issues. When he promises to restore something he does it in his own time, which is the best time.

However wonky these situations are gonna make me feel, I’m beginning to like em since it is the only way God is gonna get me to grasp lil secrets of his Kingdom. When I was reflecting on the situation that had just passed me by I came across a story from the past where “Sir-Father-of-All-Nations” too went through a similar ‘battle-of-the-paths’ phase.

God promised Abraham a son of his own, but it was a lil difficult for both him and his wife Sarah to believe this miracle which was supposed to take place since he was nearly 100 and she 90. Sarah, in order to help the Lord fulfill his task, offered her maid Hagar for Abraham to slumber with. [What a disaster it caused, a disaster which carries it’s traits even into modern times]. But, clearly, that was not what God intended for Abraham, God promised a son for Sarah [a legitimate son, born within wedlock] who would covenant with God.

Crazy as it may sound, all the jumping around and getting dizzy I did was an utter waste. I should have waited till the mighty hands did the job instead of getting depressed and confused. I should have remembered God’s promise about the business. [Silly Me] !

So here I am calm and cool again, in absolute peace with myself, with the supposed patriotic feeling painted right across my heart[not forgetting my face]. This is His situation, not mine, even though it logically is folly to silently wait upon God, that’s all I am gonna do, coz I know that the next move I make without his consent is gonna Holler back DISASTER !

Following God’s word is like playing a game of checkers. It’s the right move or the wrong. One can make the right move according to God’s will and prosper (within his will) or make the wrong move and go around in circles or be wiped out by the enemy.

Adieu to His-Supposed-Supremeness. My Loss ! (Who Knows) ?!?

I am yet pretty much a Con Artist for my own Good. A con artist who deceives others NOT, but her own poor self.

2 comments:

Pasan said...

I guess you had a little too much faith in things that time. But for whatever it's worth I don't think you had have liked living in england that much, especially now that they've lost both in football and cricket. Ok, that was lame but I'm a little tipsy on this fruit wine and nothing is coming to my head right now other than the warm fuzzy feeling associated with mild intoxication. I think you should stick to where you belong and make do the best you can. <3

Gobblezygook said...

Awww.....Thank Yee Pasan....Same goes to you. Stop trying to run away ![Btw. I ain't tipsy..only just a lil insane]