Thursday, July 20, 2006

Who’s Life am I In ?!?

Disappeared from the face of the earth? Nooooo…I’m still here. Getting rid of me ain’t that easy! Everybody is struggling to survive, to make it to the top and I am still caught up in the rat race, struggling to get away from it, but it seems a lil difficult, but not impossible. I want to blame the government for making work, business and money making this overwhelming. I don’t get what they are doing; neither do I want to figure anything out. I’m trying to ignore every act of the government and imagine that they simply don’t exist by focusing on the God I believe in, who is mightier than anyone on a worldly throne, and it seems to be working coz at least I am blessed with the strength and hope to move on, which the government keeps robbing from me.

Life is truly a battle and I am just feeling it, there is one goal after another. I wish I could hide my self, so that no sunlight wake me up every morning, coz I need some rest, rest without anyone or anything hassling me. I want to wake up and not battle life for one day, not think about pending work, not think about bills to pay and not think about 10 years from now. I envy em people who run around without a goal or passion, who live for the moment and die laughing. I wish I could have what they have, Irresponsibility!, Even though I know it ain’t the best for me. I want to not care and not have guilt prick me in the ass. Arrrgh………

You wish there was someone sharing your bed at night and putting you to sleep, coz your hands and legs are numb, very numb from all the driving and frustration of the day. Someone like a masseur would be nice (what were you thinking?) (“,). It’ 6 o’clock and all you want to do is sink deeper and deeper under the ruffled, warm sheets and hope 6 o’clock would only come in a couple of gazillion hours, coz amidst all the hope and strength, you still need to push em weak legs to run faster and faster as the day proceeds.

You use everything you can get your hands on just to keep you awake. Self help books, ice-cream and anything that tastes and smells like eucalyptus. Is this called depression?!?, No, this is called life. This is what it is like trying to fit in a month in to a mere 24 hours. You go on and on and on wanting to stop and just drop dead, but once you are shot down, you pine and whine till you are back on your lame two feet again battling life full throttle. This ain’t the life I ordered, who’s life am I in?

I suddenly see life as a dart board, whishing I was that arrow landing on it’s bulls eye, but the truth is that this arrow must taste the rest of the dartboard before conquering the perfect space in the perfect centre. Lets see where this arrow lands next !

5 comments:

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

Me hopes u r feeling fine :D

Gobblezygook said...

Fine...perfectly fine with just a dash of insanity to strike a balance ;)Thank you !

Anonymous said...

yea men, i'm also strugglying pretty much. and its really anoyying to see how some other ppl live life without a care in the world. neways this will pay off. its just a matter of time.

Pasan said...

I wonder what most sri lankan bloggers define as "Struggling". I know for me it's worrying about how I'm going to make my next month's payment for my classes, and worrying myself to a frazzle as to how we're going to cope once my dad retires at the end of this year, especially since my mum hasn't been well much for the past few months either. Call me cynical, angry at rich people or just say that I have a massive chip on my shoulder, I don't care but it seems to me that most of our Sri Lankan "social elite" is blissfuly unawares or ignorant of what exactly is going on around them. Btw lady, that hubbly bubbly thingy in my picture is my water-pipe, better known as mini-bong :D

Anonymous said...

well yes..life sure is tough but i also realised that people tend to think deep into it when they're depressed or simply had it with something in life....atleast that is how it is with me....i sure hope that ur fine...take care..:)