Monday, May 22, 2006

Ma Sexy Likkle Strumming Bird

Finally got myself an acoustic guitar. I just couldn’t wait any more, too much of emotions were building up without an outlet to flush em, the work out’s and the rest of the activities were just not enough to keep me sane I guess. It’s been a tough couple of days with the house still under renovation, lectures, friends & family all keeping me ultra occupied.

Things that usually grab me unaware and leave me annoyed and tangled up have failed to do so these days. Either I’ve been too busy and exhausted that I didn’t have enough energy to notice them or my soul has grown cold and immune to the cruelty and unpleasantness around me, I don’t think I want to find out which one it is. The only incident I remember that drove me up the barbwire fence was a certain lady asking me if I was still schooling? Left school? Or whether I was looking for a job? PLEASE….I’m old enough to have 5 kids…grrrrrrrr…I’d give anything to look grown up, and may be I need a few lessons on how to act grown up as well.

The second semester just started at Bible College and am only taking two subjects this time around. I actually intended taking only one, which was “Genesis”, lectured by “Ivor Poobalan”, but then I see “Issues of Sexuality & Marriage”, by “Ted Rubesh”. How can I ever miss a subject like that, after all each subject is repeated only ones in 2 years. I guess it’s about the biblical view about the whole scenario, which I sure want to clarify.

I do miss loafing the roads of Colombo and the easy access I had (atleast during the weekends) from Wattala. It does get a little lonely sometimes, and the telephone doesn’t really seem to work miracles. So instead of adopting a man, I decided to adopt a slithery & sexy guitar, bright, red and shiny. Wohoooo !!! I’m exhausted by figuring out the chords and trying to break the strings, but happy that I finally got to touching and feeling a strumming bird of my own. It’s definitely gonna take awhile to be playing like a mediocre, let alone a pro and surely gonna take a heap of practicing, time and energy, but I’m gonna love every second of it. I simply can’t seem to keep it down, unlike the Piano that got me utterly disgusted. Ruban gave me the first few lessons on the strings over the phone of course and Chamath gave me the rest, again over the phone. Apparently the guitar is supposed to be terribly out of tune, no wonder everything I play sounds crooked. The piece of wood is just lovely and the strings, HEAVENLY!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

judy judy judy!! well maybe if u werent so damn sweet and maybe a lil bit more taller she'd think u were a grown up. omg old enough for 5 kids??!!!! how long does it take to get a kids again? :D unless u had twins, triplets, qaudruplets or that 5ish twins thingee. Gud luck with the guitar :D

SpectralCentroid said...

Excellent. Expect wire cut, sore finger tips after the first few days :)

Never underestimate the power of the net. You can find chord formations AND tuning instructions. Works like a charm.

Maybe after a while you can progress to an electric. Now THAT's serious stress relief.

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

Lol :) You know i honestly thought that driving to colombo would be easier from panadura?? But as for the guitar! lol :) Whens the ET for the first solo :D If you want a drummer to accompany you let me know! I will come with my desk ;) lol :) Good luck with the guitar! and hope home becomes more homelier soon!

~ lo$t $oul ~ said...

arrrh jungle jane, learning to play some strings for a change from jumping from tree to treee :P