Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Ordeal Down Pettah

I reluctantly undertook a local deal a friend palmed on to me. Local deals always require a number of filthy trips down Pettah (Reclamation Rd, 2nd cross street, 3rd cross street, Main street to name a few) to catch up with me suppliers.

I usually make sure that my ass is well covered and I that look like I am draped in sack cloth, which I didn’t bother with this time. Covered or revealed, I still used to get harassed in the past; due to the wrangly Afro hair I had, which was tainted with colour. (Conclusion : Em perverts are gonna harass me anyway)

Parked the dinky toy at the fish market car park (where I was forced to park it in the dingiest corner, which was covered with crow shit and fish scales) and made our way slowly towards 2ndCross Street. Daddy dearest was as usual galloping a few miles in front of me, begging him to go slow was just not gonna work, he’d forget and start galloping all over again…Hmmm. We reach the dingy alleys and I’m already panting. I can clearly hear comments from “Ahhh sexy’ to Tamil and Singhalese songs about love and I just can’t help grinning, (keeping a straight face has never been my forte) but it annoys me at the same time as to how exposed they can make a woman feel.

I walked down the filthy streets trying my best to avoid, betel dribble, pure saliva, food particles, muck and heavily loaded carts charging straight at me, whilst trying to keep up with my Dad. It sure was a horrible and frustrating experience, especially since my friend kept changing the specifications of the goods he required….Argh!!!

My ultra smart Dad suggested we take a shorter route back to the car park….grrrrrr…the so called shorter route was more congested than the rest of the roads, more gross and sure accommodated more perverted men. I was freaked out about my ass being pinched (I half expected a lil scene coz I had already hit boiling point with all the comments and wanted to smash some loser’s face with my humungous bag (malla).

I drove out of the wretched hellhole swearing to never sight it again as well as to never undertake local deals.

5 comments:

Darwin said...

You're pretty brave to handle that...

Anonymous said...

hahahah...poor judy pudy!. Dinky car! now thats the right name for it...anyways you got balls grl, in a metaphorical sence.

Kaiser Kobayashi said...

achcha!!! you know what you need...a GUN!!!!!! hehehe hmm dejavu...i've told you to buy a gun before havent i? if not get one...its a sensible thing to do...:p cheers judith.

Gobblezygook said...

Brave on the outside, chicken (pak pak) on the inside Darw Girl :)

Metaphoraclly or not....me got balls ?!? Dang !!! Now that sounds scary (",)

Guns (bang bang)...Don't be silly,I can hardly lift a finger when I'm pissed or scared, how will I possibly have the strength to lift a gun ?!? :)

Anonymous said...

yea i do agree with darwin, u were pretty brave to handle all that mess and annoyance, and its good that ur dad was wid u, or else they woulda done their best to annoy u more...

if i had a sister, i woulda never allowed her to go alone anywhere for that matter, leave alone pettah market! woulda prolly hired 3 more body guards to give additional back up! :D

same with my gf too, as long as i am here in this world, i'll always make sure she's 100% safe!!!

thats how much i trust this country and its set of perverted rascals!!!

enough said.....

be safe!