Sunday, January 08, 2006

Hair Conditioner Aggravation

Ever since I started figuring out that Hair Conditioner could actually make my hair look pretty I’ve been cheating on every brand just to find out which sucker treats me best. I sure am feeling guilty as charged for my flamboyant disloyalty.

Pantene – Used it for a year and figured out that it is slowly steadily driving me bald.

Palmolive – Bamboo Shoot it was, no better than Pantene.

Natural (or some shit sounding like that) - An American product which almost set my hair on fire, the chemical reaction made my hair smoke away.

Wella – Was introduced to me by a hot (but a tad gay looking) hairdresser at Kess who refused to straighten my hair……hmmmphhh….but soon moved away from it, coz it started to dry my hair (or at least I thought it was doing so)

Vo5 – Not value for money, and too thick and pulpy.

St Ives – Dried & knotted my hair to glory. Expensive crap.

Sunsilk – Looks like cheap fake stuff which didn’t do my hair any good.

Shello (Local Crap) – Cheap stuff, Rs 140+ for a fair sized bottle. I felt like a Cancer patient under Chemotherapy. Hair loss was in millions not forgetting the fact that it has a quick sand effect.

Back to Pantene – The past was sure forgotten, experienced massive hair losses all over again.

Finally Loyal to Wella – I remember buying the big tub for a mere Rs. 400+ or was it Rs 600+, but crippled cows……it’s a freaking Rs. 895/= now. Hmmmm…I feel ripped off, really ripped off, but guess it’s the mildest and the best in the market. At least for leave on purposes.

6 comments:

Kaiser Kobayashi said...

oh my!!! you poor confused soul!!! hehehe....i always kinda-sorta knew that shampoo and conditioner was a fine art which only girl really "got" but you seem to be quite the analyst!!! and 800+ is way to much for anything that can be washed off in a few minutes...i'd probably go into mild depression if i had to pay that much for "hair-soap"...hehehe...but hey...long straight neat hair is a definite YES for ladies...so YOU GO GIRL!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

woman, which rock have you been living under? have you not heard of Garnier?

Gobblezygook said...

Hey Dimithri,

Thank God me aint depressed, coz I'm quite used to being ripped off quite frequently...hehehe...and unfortunately me got no long straight hair, but am blessed with strangly, long, afro curls, which gets quite annoying to maintain...hmmmm... and no way...it never was neat :)

Well Anonymous,

I've sorta had a bad experience with Garnier 2 years back. I lost faith in their product coz of the inefficiency of Garneir hair colour.

I sure am willing to give Garnier a try if it really works. Wanna tell me what it's positive traits are?

Anonymous said...

well...i quite agree wit u on a few of the brands...but then again vo5 colour treatment leave on conditioner wasnt bad...and talkin abt cheap stuff...well Sunsil has come up with new super soft conditioner...which really does wats it's supposed to do...but at the end of it, u lose like a tonne of hair!!!!
and yea. wella kolestral is really good...
jus a part of hair drama i wud say...

Gobblezygook said...

Leave on stuff are expensive. I would end up in hospital with a heart attack if I spend that much on a lousy hair conditioner...hehehe (Yeah, me stingy to spend on baby doll stuff for meself) )(",)

Pasan said...

you didn't try head and shoulders. I however swear by pantene. Viva La Pantene!