Friday, January 27, 2006

The WARRIOR in moi

Argghh….this week has been absolutely hectic & trying, saddening but yet so fulfilling. Managed to face quite a threateningly hilarious incident on Tuesday. While on my way home after dropping Mum at work around 9.15 a.m, I noticed a dark, hefty looking middle aged man on a motor bike glare me down in my dinky toy around the Maradana overhead bridge while I was stopped at the colour lights. I didn’t notice him following me or rather riding very close to my car till I reached just before Thotalanga. Tried to slow down & let the man pass me, which he did only to catch up with me at the Traffic lights just before the Thotalanga New Bridge.

He who was all ready to turn to a by lane from the main road turned his bike and parked it right next to the window on my side and was having a roaring peeping session (was dressed in a knee length skirt, which was absolutely decent, there was nothing to exhibited) :)

The worked up animal in me turned around and mouthed “Have you a problem?” to which he too gritted his teeth and threatened me in return.

The traffic had already started moving and we had quite an audience by now. I waited awhile for him to move forward and go on his way, but there was absolutely no sign of him moving for a few minutes. He was waiting till I moved. He was so playing with the wrong PERSON !

I pulled out the cell phone and pretended to call someone (exactly in the manner of calling an influential & powerful spike). He gave me another threatening look. I ignored all daggers, brought the car to a standstill right in the middle of the road & pretended to be on the phone in an absolutely harassing way.

Wowy !!! The scared loser turned around and went on his way towards the opposite direction, probably after relaising that he wasn’t getting any pleaure in harassing me.

I was flustered, annoyed & saddened, but still felt like a HERO to have scared a man off !!

Why did he do that? I wish I knew. Hmmmmm…….

6 comments:

Darwin said...

You should have whipped out your cellphone and taken a picture of him and posted it on your blog. With your doorlocks on of course.

Given that, good job on standing upto jackasses like him.

Anonymous said...

some ppl really need a hobby these days. no! wait.... maybe that was a hobby.

Gud idea darwin. but Judy do u have a camara phone?

when he went off u could have yelled. "Hey get a blog"

Kaiser Kobayashi said...

pictures? cellphones? cameras? nah!!...get a gun GZG...!!!

"where theres a will theres a weapon"

Gobblezygook said...

Well...me absolutely anti-hi tech na...using a Nokia 3410 :) Don't find cameras in that.....but yeah...good idea for the future...may be it's time for me to get one...hehehe


Oi Dims.....me will nevert use weapons u silly goat....but a water pistol doesn't sound all that bad (",)

Darwin said...

Well if we're talking weapons here might as well go for an AK-47 or a bazooka, or my favourite, a flame thrower. Fry the bastards.

Thusitha Abeyesekera said...

man wish i was there to see the look on ur face lol