Monday, March 20, 2006

He Hasn't Failed Me Yet

"Jesus’ Blood Never Failed Me Yet" I love this song sung by ‘Jars of Clay. NO…He has never failed me, he came to my rescue even before the clock struck it’s 11th hour so that I could scream his name out loud for all to hear. He did not put me to shame but kept his promise. He sure is my friend, the lover of my soul and all that I need to exist down here on earth. He is my walking stick, my wheel chair my vitamin & my Prozac.

I wish I had more ways to express my joy than pour it over my blog. I wish my loved ones too would open the eyes of their heart and welcome this amazing friend I’ve found to dwell in them. I wish they would yearn to experience the joy I myself feel. Nothing compares to it, nothing ever will. The following is another track by 'Jars of Clay' that touched the roots of my heart.

(Faith Like a Child)
Dear God, surround me as I speak,
The bridges that I walk across are weak
Frustrations fill the void that I can't solely bear
Dear God, don't let me fall apart,
you've held me close to you
I have turned away and searched for answers I can't understand

They say that I can move the mountains
And send them crashing to the sea
They say that I can walk on water
If I would follow and believe
with faith like a child

Sometimes, when I feel miles away
and my eyes can't see your face
I wonder if I've grown to lose the recklessness
I walked in light of you

They say that love can heal the broken
They say that hope can make you see
They say that faith can find a Savior
If you would follow and believe
with faith like a child

I can’t stop talking about him. I did want to stop one time, thinking that I just might offend the non bilievers, but NO…nothing would ever stop me now. Wouldn’t you keep harping about a better half who surprised you with a Ferrari Enzo, when all you could afford was a Bajaj two-wheeler.

It’s amazing how Jesus is never too late or never too early. I almost burst out laughing reading John 11 last night. It makes me happy to know that my creator really is quite cheeky and is capable of playing a few practical jokes with his creation. How boring would life be otherwise?

What are you waiting on God for today? Relief? Provision? Direction? God's timing is always perfect. Hang in there, don’t lose hope, he will never fail you nor forsake you. There is beauty in his silence and splendor in his mysteriousness.

Give Him a chance to BLOW YOUR MIND !

Quote…..
So if I stand let me stand on the promise You will pull me through,
And if I can't let me fall on the grace that first brought me to You,
And if I sing let me sing for the joy that has born in me these songs,
And if I weep let it be as a man who is longing for his home.
Unquote……(If I Stand – Jars of Clay)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jars of Clay were definitely one of the best Christian Rock bands from the past. Jars of Clay, DC Talk and Jonah 33 were the best of the past, but as much as Jars of Clay reached mainstream radio, DC Talk and Jonah 33 struggled immensly to do so, mainly due to non-acceptance of the public, as their lyrics were too religious and too proclaiming! In that aspect, Jars of Clay were similar, but I think they had the right way of marketing their music.

These days of course, bands such as Kutless, Pillar, Spoken, Skillet and even Thousand Foot Krutch rule the world of Christian Rock, and Skillet started the new theme of Christian Metal! and wow, they rock big time!!

Personally I prefer the bands I mentioned above, as they do not throw Christianity into the face of the listeners, but instead they write meaningful lyrics that really makes u feel good!

Creed, Lifehouse and now even the new 'creed' known as Alter Bridge, are the more less powerful Christian Rock bands, but they are the best in the industry!

In the end... its all about how never to over-do the religious aspects... cos not everyone wants to be given over-dose of christianity down their throats, even by means of music!

Nice blog indeed!

Tc Judith... and hope 2 c more blogs from ya!

Kaiser Kobayashi said...

oh my god...jars of clay...i had almost forgotten about them till i saw this post...hmmm...dont think i've heard any of the songs you've mentioned, but then again i cant remember the last time i switched on the radio...hehehe you see unlike certain people (with ultirior motives) i dont really live on radio-waves :p i know i know - unwanted comment dimi, drop dead. but hey...at least i like your blog...hehehe cheers lady j.

Darwin said...

I like some JoC tunes. Listen-able.

Kaiser Kobayashi said...

Ah the tempate is back, up and runnning...good scene...was emotionally distressed thinking you were planning to cut-and-run from the blogging community :)cheers Lady J.

Anonymous said...

i dunno abt this song. but i like george micheals 'jesus to a child'