Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Drama Queen

My Life has been a absolute drama (of course in a good way) ever since me fini me education……It’s surprising that it still hasn’t ceased….the episodes continue to only get better and more interesting……

Finally got baptized last Sunday…….amazing feeling…but guess the water in the tank was a tad contaminated, which made me remain dizzy for quite sum time…..

Yesterday was one hectic day…I so don’t know how I scraped the energy to go on past midnight…..The six hour chauffeuring service provided to mother dearest…from Ambathale all the way to Homagama and back home……Young adults meeting and finally a relaxing game of ( or rather a blood boiling game) of scrabble with a buddy…..Blood was more than boiling, coz Scrabble according to me Dad is played with plain & pure English, and that’s exactly the way I’m used to playing it…..But as for my friend who insisted including slang, American unfinished words, prefixes etc….according to the scrabble dictionary (with no prior agreement) …Bly Me…..The urge still prevails to smack em dictionary publishers tush bright read…

Today was one of em days one realizes that, they cannot be everybody’s everything……I need a lil time for me self…I need a break…….Arrrghhhh !!!!! I’m worn out……on my way to a glorious flue…….and the sickenening feeling of waiting three hours loitering around mummy’s office till she finished work didn’t help me feel better either….

A Christian should be IN the world and yet not OF the world. How can this be? Consider the fish who, though he lives in the salty sea, does not taste salty.

Found a quote which explains what exactly I’m struggling to be…..I do not know how far it is possible….coz ever since I started trying…..all I’ve been doing is slipping and falling.....It’s a slowly diminishing and hopefully vanishing struggle……Yeah……Pasan…may be u were correct after all…I was putting a lot of self imposed pressure on my self……But if you were bad I used to be…….u’d understand y the thought of slipping an inch backwards scares the shit out of me….It ain’t the world I don’t trust…It’s myself :)

2 comments:

Pasan said...

Well lady, if you remember, I also said that you should expect to slip up. And each time you do, that experience will give you strength to go beyond that point you failed at the first time around. I think that life is a journey of discovery till the day you die. Taking that into consideration, you can never expect to be perfect. You can only strive to not make the same mistake twice, but obviously, you know how unstable and fickle the human psyche is. I'm not making excuses nor justifications for for our faults, merely reasons why we make them and why we will continue to make them. Take the election results as the perfect example. Peace lady. And you owe me two CDs.

Gobblezygook said...

Thank God, I settled for 2 cheap CDs...hehehe...Imagine settling for originals (shuddering at the thought) :)