Sunday, November 27, 2005

Help me Jesus….I’m just about to die

Today was one of those…”heaven help me, coz this might be the last few minutes on earth for moi” sorta day……..Morning was laid back…and afternoon too was spent at Barista’s with a friend, indulging on cheese cake and hot chocolate…..he is sorta a new friend I’ve found…and yeah…really sweet guy…….It felt good to hang around with someone you could call a FRIEND……geeeeez……Then I did a movie with another friend……this again was just a FRIEND……hehhee……I’m really on cloud number 9…….but it scares me to have any sort of close bonding, coz it always…always ends up in disaster…..

I’ve actually adopted the technique of (it’s difficult, but it’s healthy) totally blocking up people who just aren’t genuine, marking time, wasting my time and theirs and taking me for granted……so far…so good……..I know it’s a very selfish act…but sometimes, one just gotta draw the line…..(hint…hint)

So the movie fini at 9 p.m and me went off to me lil angel’s place…all the way to Borlasgamuwa…My heavens !!!! Didn’t I wish that it was all just a nightmare………Thundering rain…almost misleading the drive……3 feet deep water, crippling my brakes…..It was horrifying…real horrifying…….The fact that it was 10 p.m and I was alone didn’t help either. My knees were gone….i mean frozen and buckled up… my heart was racing way above average…….. W.A De Silva Mw truly gave me an heart attack….for some reason I felt that it was the end of something……I suddenly found myself driving in to a river of water (emphasizing…RIVER)…… The rain was slamming itself on the windscreen and was blinding the view, the thunder and the heavy wind only made it more gory…..The worse part was when I figured that I couldn’t really locate the apartment…..ouch…..Praise the Lord…I found the pitch dark apartment without having to run around in circles…..

Got me lil angel & went through a lil more wading and drowning to get back home…..arrrgh……I would never ever wanna go trough this again !!! We decided to take a cab to the airport to pick his mum from my place, instead of me car…. just in case the weather gets worse….I still feel bad about letting them down…..at least it feels like I have let them down :)

Its freaking 4 a.m and I am still up and blogging….trying to thump out all my anger &, confusion out in to words….The wait at the airport arrival terminal was a stress buster….I could sit there and glare at em people for hours (if I was given the chance) he he he…it’s funnier than one of em award winning comedies…specially when u got an equally crooked, twisted minded buddy to criticize them with (“,)

5 comments:

Kaiser Kobayashi said...

WOW! a real writer...! strange as it seems my day pretty much was a carbon copy of yours only i went for the movie earlier and ended up at coffee as well...serendipity...well...either that or colombo has very limited options ya? heheh. cheers. D.

Gobblezygook said...

Very limited options indeed :)

Anonymous said...

mhmhmmmm...u hypocrite!!! :P

Gobblezygook said...

Hypocrite ?!? Explain urself !!! What did I do????

Pasan said...

I'm a little confused at the hypocrite bit myself. Colombo lacks many facilities, and what little there are, are overrun by the Kabbayas and their Kabbees, as was witnessed by myself and a friend at a coffee house recently. There are some people who have this urge to let the world know that they're there, and often they often go about this by elevating their voice to such levels that one cannot simply ignore. I realise that little tidbit had absolutely nothing to do with lady'spost, but I suppose we already discussed those events earlier in the day. Peace.