Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hypothetical Femininity

Went for an interview today at a leading college as a ‘student counselor’. The atmosphere looked tolerable as well as flexible and I don’t mind the job. I think it’s the best thing to do till the next semester starts in September. The biz will take off a smooth sailing from the beginning of next month and I would be left with too much time in my hands and as the saying goes ‘an idle mind could just be the devil’s workshop. I’m impatiently waiting till God’s plan falls in to place. Let’s see where this is all leading !

Shopped with Mummy in order to make some last minute visits before we leave this area for good. I was admiring the way Mums was shopping like a typical woman. Check out something, twist it, turn it, compare the price, the quality, the material, getting my opinion (blab ….blab) at the same time I saw plenty girls shopping to glory with their cute lil manipulated boyfriends in the very similar manner. I can’t figure out whether I am saddened or amused by the fact that I could never do something feminine like that and on my drive back home I couldn’t help replaying every single incident that happened around me during the shopping experience. I couldn’t help trying to comprehend whether the problem was I, the people outside or whether I should just be blaming it all on diversity of interests and the uniqueness of God’s creation…hmmm ?!?

I rarely shop for clothes in Sri Lanka; neither do I shop anywhere else. Even if I do, it’d be once in a blue moon (last time it was after 2 freaking years). Of course it’s different with food, silver spanking jewelry, movies and books and yes, I can tolerate shoes to a certain extent as well. Either I get stuff from people here, or wait till my dear aunty darling decides to get her butt down to SL with my cousin’s clothes, which look nearly new, though old. It’s crazy, but em clothes just cannot be compared to the rubbish that’s on display in the local stores. The pity is that all of em highly durable and branded clothing are the sweat, blood and tears of our dear Sri Lankans.

[Deprived We Are] !

I remember walking in to the store and getting all geed up by the battery operated / radio controlled cars and receiving blistering barnacles from Mums. Then I took a walk around to check out if there was anything that caught my eye. I knew exactly what I wanted, I knew exactly what my taste was and since nothing existed to that note, it was the end of the road for me [done with, lost interest & bored]. Instead, I got observing em young women, and may be even envying em to a certain extent. They looked so elegant compared to me slinging my bag of goodies on me shoulder and trotting back and forth the store.

I’ve always enjoyed being a girl and doing girly things like hanging on the phone, paining my nails and shopping for hours, but em habits just faded away with time, I don’t engage in either anymore. I’m still very much a girl, I love to mess around in the kitchen, design my own clothes, pottery, interior designing and a little bit of sewing, but just cannot get on with the rest of the women I encounter (It could be vice versa). Make up, prim & properness and the flirty feminine shrills are intolerable.

[Pathetic Whiner I Am ] !

I guess I even tried to wear an imaginary mask sometime back, just to fit in with this particular group of women, but guess it didn’t work for me. Just as much as I desire to have a like-minded girly buddy, guess I’ll forever be deprived of my wish by the looks of it. Running a reality check most guys are no better, they are either puny & metro sexual or male chauvinists.

[Women] !

Just as much as I am more than happy with the tomboy I am, there are times I wonder whether it is the supposed feminine grace I lack or just some sorta emotional maturity that I have attained at an early stage.

On an ending note, the blog suddenly feels like a very unsafe place to jot down thoughts. My worst fears seem to have some true (shudder….shudder) it could be that he has access to the blog.

5 comments:

Kaiser Kobayashi said...

puny & metro sexual or male chauvinists

Soo...which catagory does dimi fall into??? hehehe and its cool to be a tomboy men...but not all the time...some of the coolest chicks i know are tomboys!!!! hehehe oooh oooh....so your into radio conrtolled cars as well huh? i got one down from england but it blew a circuit and is now under the bed...in vain men...it costed a huge amount and all also :( *sniff sniff* as for the last line...how do you know "he" knows???? i SO know the feeling...hehehe....i didnt slay the dragon...now its your turn not to reform the muddle :) hehehe takecare and have a great day. seeya round kanga the tomkat :p

Gobblezygook said...

I'm yet to figure out your catagory Dimi darling. Well the problem is that I ain't entirely a tomboy, I sorta stand nowhere, 'lost in the middle of nowhere' :(

Here...about that car, ever tried getting it repaired ?!? Lets !

Well Dimi...He knows for sure, and now there's no hiding. Not that I really care, but just concerned. Are you nutttz !! This muddle won't be reformed ever. My sanity depends on this vent (",)

Kaiser Kobayashi said...

dimi - uncatagorised...in a good way of course...like how you cant call a jelly bean a bean or something to that effect...hehehe...and yes i agree, blogging is rather theraputic...so...here's to our joint therapy....may we become less horrid people through the blogsphere!!!
ps. cant fix the car men...you seriously think i didnt try :p hehehe the stuff can be brought down from singapore, but i much rather invest that sorta money in semi-nude dancing girls or a crate of imported gin ;) hehehe(yes dimi has issues, thats why he blogs remember :p ) seeya round, kanga my curse!!!

Gobblezygook said...

Im Deeply Wounded ! :( You Hurt My Already Festered Feelings by Calling Me a Curse :(((

Anonymous said...

well a metrosexual doesn't need to be puny... hehe, its just dat he takes a lotta trouble in his attire, hair, nails, etc etc... and also has good choice in fashion etc... my best friend's sis said I was a metrosexual, cos I dunno, she always felt easy discussin fashion, designer wear and stuff wid me... cos i always seemed to hav alotta interest in dat stuff! i first took offense when she called me a metrosexual... but oh well, she said dat I should take it as a compliment, cos she and her pals apparently dig guys like that!

oh well, as for u, buddy... being tom boyish is all fine... but never lose da lil lil things dat make u different from a guy.... cos afterall a gurl's gotta be a gurl...!