Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Taste of Death

Heat Exhaustion has gripped me again. It’s a miracle that I’m up and pumping this morning, for last night was surely a taste of my last few minutes on earth. My breathing pipes were acting wonky and I was clearly short of breath. I could feel my body getting overheated from the inside and my head turning a good 360 degrees ones every few seconds. I so don’t want to see the day we might have to carry oxygen masks along with every trip we make to Colombo.

Panadura is glorious by far. Fruits, trees, birds and squirrels scampering up and down and yes, monkeys as well. Apparently there are monkeys who come to devour em fruits, but I’m yet to catch a glimpse of them. Heavenly! It’s the drive to Colombo and back that get’s me, but I’m sure God has a solution at the tip of his fingers for that as well.

Speaking of God, my entire family has been seeing God’s hand at work more than just a couple of times this month. He started with the sale of the house before the contract got breached and before we looked to alternatives. As usual, He was right on TIME.
The next massive miracle happened last Saturday on our way back from Panadura, down Torrington, while heading to drop aunty Pansy. A plush, cute convertible (and odd navy blue in colour) which was clearly out of control (should have been doing 100+ for sure) was heading straight towards me from the opposite direction. I swerved it to the far left, but it was of no use, but in that split second the car missed me and with a loud clank of metal, stalled right in the middle of the road. I wasn’t in the right mind to get down and scream at the dude, but I think he was quite young (if I remember right, there was a female in the passenger seat), I wasn’t sane enough to jot down the number, or check out the brand of the car. I went on my way, while he pulled to a lane close by. But if someone knows the owner of such car, I’d like to have a chat with him. I’d like to know what happened, I’d like to know why the car stalled, coz I know that it wasn’t the guy who was responsible for the narrow escape. Something unexplainable happened.

The third biggy happened last night. Mummy had left some beef to be roasted on the fire and apparently the whole house had fallen asleep. For some odd reason, my cupboard door creaked open and I woke up to the sound of it. It was freaky to see the door open at first, but what caught my attention was the roasting/burning smell of some sort of meat. Boy ! wasn’t I correct, the chunk of meat would have caused a disaster (to remember) if gone unnoticed, He had woken me up not too early and not too late.

What would I do without Him? All I do is sit and commit my day to him every morning and the day is HIS. The distance sometimes hurts that I wish I could see Him face to face and tell him how grateful I am for all that He is.

I’m still waiting for the next piece of the puzzle to be handed down to me, coz I have quite certainly come to a dual fork in my life. He is taking his time, but as usual I know that He’d be on time and meanwhile I’m doing a better job at keeping my heart still that in previous occasions. Practice has made me better, if not perfect.

--> Lord, How I love you! For you have done such tremendous things for me. The Lord is my Fort where I can enter and be safe; no one can follow me in and slay me. He is a rugged mountain where I hide; he is my Saviour, a rock where none can reach me, and a tower of safety. He is my shield. He is like the strong horn of a mighty fighting bull. All I need to do is cry to him “Oh, praise the Lord” and I am saved from all my enemies! (Psalms 18 : 1-3)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well well .... I we been reading ur blog for more than a year i guess...every day i come here and check...its like reading a novel...with no end to it (i like that feeling) a novel ull never loose taste....(i have seen u change day after day.....its amazing) :Wimukthi

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

IT WASN"T MEEEEE !!! I don't have a convertible thingy.. or for that matter a blue thingy :D But i'll keep an eye out for that car :D i'm glad you came out of that ordeal safe! I've had my share of close shaves! but i never stopped to wonder how much was avoided by one simple incident.. This country anyhow has a few wonky drivers :) lol :) And we can be as good as anything.. someone wreckless is bound to be near you :) Take care!

Gobblezygook said...

Hey Wimukthi, you've finally made yourself heard :) You silly goat, you never even told me that you got hitched, I had to find that out from Hi5 :) (She is cute...really) I'm flattered by the comment you left and thrilled to know that you see a change (positive I believe).

Chamendra : A few wonkey drivers ?!? My TUSH ! The entire island is infested with them. The latest being the mo-pad riders (a.k.a kabba lil boys with no license what so ever who act like their wonky grandmas own the roads)....

Anonymous said...

so now ur at panadura with some new monkeys ehehe. :D Damn this rich kids in their fancy cars. here we are working off our asses and there they are in those convirtibles which they cant drive properly in the 1st place. wow gods been really watching over u. wish he did on me. sometime..:( i'm having a hard time over here.

Just a guy said...

And I raised my Right eye brow !!


Cheers

Darwin said...

Good job on the narrow scrapes!

Time to buy a lottery ticket while the luck holds maybe? Heh

Anonymous said...

hey Judith...

never lose the faith, its incidents like these that make u grow closer to god! I have no doubt that its god's love upon you and your family that has gotten you through all these bad times... may he continue to always guide and support u!

i had another bad experience when it came to driving... and u can read about it in my new blog...

this country is not only infested with moron drivers....but also drunkards that travail the roads, and choose to walk right on the middle of the road walk head on towards oncoming traffic and decide to commit suicide..!!! freaky shit!

tc and c ya around!

Anonymous said...

hey pal,

just now managed to comment on all ur blogs that I missed!! :)

tc pal and talk 2 ya soon!

byee!

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

How did the move come along? All settled in the new residence? Going good? :) hope so !!