Friday, April 14, 2006

Of Lil Things That Fill My Soul

I’ve finally got a well-deserved break from driving for the next four days, till Monday. Yesterday was just crazy with the scorching sun, funerals & coffee meet ups.

Met Mano Emmanuel, who is my lecturer at CTS, for the last time before she made her way to UK for a coupla months. I’m glad I was able to make it coz I don’t know if I would be here when she returns. I don’t think I took more than 4 classes under her (4 days to be precise), but the impact she had on me when I was yet a crawling Christian was just immense. I truly consider my self lucky to have had the opportunity to spend some extra time with her away from the regular classes.

Just watching her has made me absorb more than I could have scooped out of a book, that I just can’t put any of them in to words. I wish there were more women like her and a part of me wants to possess some of the qualities she reflect. She is definitely some one who would go straight in to the list of people I respect. She really didn’t have to, but she had actually kept in mind me mentioning the need of a bible for a lil boy I knew, and bought a bible to be given to me, as well as another awesome book by the name “The Jesus I Never Knew – by Philip Yancey” and a stunning pair of dangly jewelry, exactly according to my taste. I was awestruck, not about the gift, but more about the thought.

There are some who walk in to your life, create a huge bang and leave you empty, but then again, there are others, who subtly win your respect and leave you filled up to the extent that you overflow. I only wish she would remain my mentor and my friend for longer than usual friendships blossom and fade.

I’m awestruck by quite a couple of people these few days, that some have actually made me walk around wearing a silly smug that I just cannot contain.

5 comments:

dilsiriw said...

another book - whats so amazing about grace by philip yancey. awesome, life changing.

Gobblezygook said...

Didn't get that

Darwin said...

Having a good mentor is apparently one of the 'keys to success' things that everyone talks about.

Sadly most people are just time-bombs waiting to fall off the pedestals we put them on!

Gobblezygook said...

Very True Darwin...very true

Anonymous said...

hey yea Judith...

well I will always be in dept to some of my lecturers at APIIT. gosh, I just will never forget their wonderful lecturing and the support that they gave me..... I will always remember them.

as for lay preachers... I won't comment much on them, since I have not come across even one good and down to earth person here in SL, except for maybe Mr. Rajan Rajasingham, who's really gud.

However, I will FOREVER remember and never forget my fav fav pastor - Rev. Stephen Skuce from Ireland. He was the priest in charge of our church between 1998 and 2001 He was the most down to earth, and the best pastor I ever met. He lives his life realistically, and doesn't have any double standards. When he was the priest of my church, I used to go EVERY SUNDAY, just to hear him speak! I never missed even a single service of his!!! dats how much I respect him....

When I get married.... he's gonna be the priest at my wedding.... I hav already told mom and dad! :)