Wednesday, April 19, 2006

When You Don’t Stand for Anything, You Fall for Anything

It’s still very early in the morning and I should be at my devotions intead of rut-trutting on the keyboard, but feelings have to be typed out and preserved before the mood changes and I don’t sound like what I write.

I dropped in at Karin Ramachandra’s beautiful residence yesterday to collect the books I had given her as well as to get an opinion about them and amazing I had the honour of meeting Dr. Vinoth Ramachandra. I’m half way through his book and am left quite impressed and respect both of these individuals just as much as I do my Mentor. My knees were clearly wobbling jellybeans and my self-confidence quite ripped down while I was in their presence. I was thrilled to hear what Karin had to say and a gazillion more times thrilled to have met Dr. Vinoth. She makes it sound so easy to absorb the world, people and all the nonsense we keep banning “BAD”.

One can decide to either plan his life or not plan at all and go with the flow. Planning involves building ones own worldview to stand upon, in order to stand strong and solid without wavering. I remember Jaci saying this yesterday… makes sense huh?

“When you don’t stand for anything, you fall for anything”

Building this so called worldview isn’t an easy thing and I’m still in the process of unlearning quite a lot of my old thinking whilst absorbing the new. Even though some of my Mentor’s Brown’s and Greenwald’s explanations are very true, some don’t really bring about the freedom I am looking for. There is a certain amount of rigidity involved, which isolates the individual from his own community. I want to strike a balance instead and see the world in a different way. I want to keep remembering that this world was made for me to enjoy and devour and stop feeling like a victim. I want to stop seeing others as victims I need to make a pounce on and redeem before the system abducts them. There again, I guess I’m yet struggling to break the system (would I ever be happy without rebelling).

Got a long day ahead and a wonky car to be serviced. My mind is already not appreciating the fell of the cold garage I’d have to put up with for a good 4 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with ur friend Karin Ramachandra. that quote is so true.. at least when u do stand for something, u have something to fall back on, and u won't be lost without knowing what to do. ppl who don't stand for anything, are ppl with no purpose living in this world, just letting time take its course!

good luck with the car servicing... guess I'll be meeting the garage ppl too soon, cos as soon as I get my liscence, Chris has told me, I need to share all responsibilities of looking after the car!

typical of chris eh? hehe.... but oh well, I dun mind helpin him out... hopefully the garage guys like cricket, so i hav summin to discuss wid dem! :p